2.04.2010

My first real project!

So, I have been planning this one for about a week and finally got to do it! I found a cute little jacket at Petco for Oakley and when I saw it, I knew immediately that I wanted to make it into a little Olympics track jacket...mission accomplished.


















I initially thought I would just get some iron-on letters and call it done, but apparently it is not particularly advised to iron on this velour type of material. So, I talked to the awesome Sara over at Heirloom Creations and she told me that I could just make my own!
I used the Quickcutz Silhouette to design and cut out the template for my letters.





































Then I used some web interfacing (first time!!) and ironed it to the fabric (wrong-side...very important!).





















Then I sewed around the letters with a straight stitch (that looked surprisingly good!) and it's done!!! Oakley is so excited to wear it and I can't wait to say that I made it (def. better than those darn iron-on letters!)



















No comments:

Post a Comment